Pixie, at 3 and a half, is a real girls girl. She loves nothing more than fairies, make believe and ponies and so when she was offered the chance to review the latest offering from golden bear toys to review Ben and Holly's Little Castle she was very excited indeed!
The whole family love the award winning Ben and Holly who go on adventures in their magical Kingdom that is filled with fairies, elves and insects. Holly is the Princess who lives in the castle with her parents, King and Queen Thistle. Her best friend is Ben elf and together with Gaston the ladybird and Nanny Plum they set about creating magic and mayhem. It really is enchanting to watch and beautifully scripted.
The playset arrived and after an hour of sticking the stickers on, it was ready to be played with. Here is a little video review that my Pixie did:
She has played with it non stop and as you can see, LOVES it! It represents excellent value for money at a RRP of £34.99.
- All of the furniture is fixed within the castle. This means that they cannot be lost although the figures are small so you need to keep your eye on those.
- Great value for money
- Encourages imaginative play
- Lots of different features from the "magic" created to the variety of rooms
- Very well made with the exception of the stairs
- Lots of fiddly stickers that took me an hour to apply, my advise would be to stick before giving it to the child to enjoy!
- The stairs don't close within the castle, therefore you need to take them out before shutting. They are then really fiddly to put back in
Overall, this was very well received and has already provided lots of hours of fun.
Peace and Love