Goodness me, what a week of blogging about literature. Firstly, I blogged about world book day Here and then earlier today (yes another post on the same day, impressed?!) I blogged my story telling abilities (or not) Here.
Now the lovely Kate at katetakes5 has decided that this weeks topic for Listography is 5 favourite children's books.
In no particular order, here are mine (not the kids, mine I tell you!)
1) Where the Wild Things Are - I LOVED this as a child and it's not surprise what my eldest darling son is called! Yes, inspired by my love of this book.
2) Any of the Enid Blyton St Clare's books - I wanted to be a twin, I wanted to go to boarding school. Instead I had a younger brother and went to a little prep school with not a hope in hell of boarding!
3) Piggly's Play Truant - utterly transfixed me as a child, the fact that they skipped school. I was such a goody goody I enjoyed their naughtiness! I am re-reading this with the boys and they love it as well.
4) The folk of the faraway tree - Another Enid Blyton CLASSIC. If you haven't read this, then please, please do. Beau Bo is enraptured by the goings on of moonface at the age of 4.
5) Peepo - Pixie LOVES this and I had forgotten how good it is - it's also beautifully illustrated with lots to look for. We both adore this.